About Citi Bike:
New York City's bike share system, Citi Bike, is a self-service system, stocked with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. Citi Bike is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and affordable for New Yorkers and visitors alike, allowing members to pick up a bike close to home or work, ride, and then return it to any station in the system. Less than a year since the program opened, Citi Bike has proven wildly popular for New Yorkers to get around and visitors to explore the City.
Overview of Position:
NYC Bike Share, operator of Citi Bike, is seeking a General Manager to oversee all aspects of ongoing operations.
Key Aspects of Position:
• Oversee day-to-day business of NYC Bike Share, including operations, membership and corporate sales, customer service, vendor, and client relations.
• Hire, train, schedule, and manage employees.
• Manage multiple subcontracts.
• Maximize membership revenues for bike share system working with marketing partner and client.
• Execute, develop, and share operational best practices.
• Identify and share opportunities for efficiency.
• Identify and address key strategic barriers and opportunities critical to the success of local operations.
• Forecast revenues and expenses, and manage a budget.
• Ensure contractual obligations are met or exceeded.
• Ensure reporting metrics are met, and where needed, improved.
• Ensure reporting is complete and timely delivered to project officers and managers.
• Ensure a positive relationship between Alta Bicycle Share, NYC Bike Share project officers, and New York City Department of Transportation.
• Ensure overall success and future growth of NYC Bike Share.
• Other duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish NYC Bike Share's Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
• College degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation or related field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience managing staff, contractors/vendors, and clients in a fast paced environment, including experience inspiring and motivating employees to successfully achieve operational goals.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• This position may require sitting and/or standing, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
• This position may require overnight travel outside the local area.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Graduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation or related field.
• Experience in logistics or transportation industries is a plus.
• Passion for bikes, efficiency, or sustainability is a plus.
• Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
NYC Bike Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Alta Bicycle Share is a drug-free workplace.