Via the Skills for Chicagoland’s Future Optimum Employment Program, an innovative talent sharing initiative, Gap Inc. and Alta Bicycle Share (Divvy) have partnered together to create a 12-month position where two seasonal jobs link to create one opportunity. Skills for Chicagoland's Future is a Public/Private partnership organization that works to connect unemployed Chicago and Cook County residents with employers with immediate vacancies.
IMPORTANT: To apply please visit Skills for Chicagoland’s Future’s website at www.scfjobs.com. Do NOT apply through the Divvy/Alta Bicycle share website.
Overview of Divvy Rebalancer Position:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. As part of Alta Bicycle Share, Divvy Bikeshare is seeking dedicated individuals to help with all aspects of bicycle redistribution throughout the Chicago area. Rebalancers help maintain optimal numbers of available bikes and docks for Divvy Bikeshare members. Through contracts with the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the City of Chicago, Alta Bicycle Share is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Divvy Bikeshare, including, but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Key Aspects of Rebalancer Position:
- Work alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Operations Manager and/or Street Team Leader
- Drive a large van or SUV with trailer to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand data
- Address and log bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed
- Inspect/Troubleshoot stations & bikes to ensure operability
- Other duties as assigned
Overview of Gap Inc. Logistics Position:
As part of Gap Inc., everyone shares in the power of the family of global brands committed to bringing American style to the world. As a Sellebrity in Logistics, your dedication to providing a neat, clean, organized and safe shopping environment for the team and customers is an important part of creating a memorable experience. Responsibilities and tasks include, among others; shipment, pricing, replenishment, and facilities. Your contagious energy and enthusiasm for your job will help you build lasting relationships, grow in your career, and contribute to Gap Inc.’s success.
Key Aspects of Logistics Position:
- Offer product suggestions and add on additional items when engaging with customers
- Execute the shipment process to meet productivity and presentation standards
- Execute signage and markdown processes accurately and efficiently to meet productivity and pricing standards
- Maintain and place all necessary upstock/backstock product in an organized and easily accessible manner
- Understand and follow all company-defined policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and pride while executing tasks and processes
Note: The above descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Gap Inc. & Alta Bicycle Share’s missions.*
*Successful applicants will be offered employment by Divvy during spring 2014, and after a successful second round interview with Gap Inc. may receive a conditional offer from one of Gap Inc’s stores to start in the fall 2014. Divvy hires only convert to Gap Inc. hires after successfully staying employed at Divvy and passing Gap Incs background check and drug screen.