About Bay Area Bike Share:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Bay Area Bike Share is excited to announce the beginning of its operations with 700 bikes and 70 stations in the Bay Area.
Overview of Position:
The Bicycle Service Department Manager will be responsible for daily maintenance of a fleet of 300 bike share bicycles. Daily tasks will include servicing bikes, creating and tracking bike work orders, managing an inventory of spare parts, coordinating with key vendors and suppliers to ensure fleet operability, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The role of the Bicycle Service Department Manager will involve servicing of bikes at our operations center, as well as preventive maintenance of bikes in the field. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Key Aspects of Position:
· Oversee all aspects of the Bay Area Bike Share Service Department, including repair, inventory, work flow and efficiency.
· Research and document best pricing and resources for spare parts supply.
· Communicate with key vendors to improve quality control and design standards.
· Communicate periodically with other Alta Service Managers to promote companywide efficiency and establish a base of collective knowledge and experience.
· Create innovative solutions to daily service issues and ensure all bike checking metric are met.
· Hire, train, schedule, and manage in-house and in-field service staff.
· Create innovative solutions to enhance the durability and cost effectiveness of Bay Area Bike Share bicycles.
· Supervise/train Field Bike Technicians and ensure bike checking metrics are met.
· Identify and share opportunities for efficiency.
· Operate as a gatekeeper for all quality control requirements.
· Forecast expenses and manage a budget.
· Respond to requests from the Operations Manager.
· Ensure OSHA compliant workplace and practices.
· Ensure contractual obligations are met or exceeded.
· Ensure reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
· Ensure a positive relationship between all service staff and management.
· Contribute to the future growth of Bay Area Bike Share.