About Capital Bikeshare:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Capital Bikeshare currently operates with over 190 stations and 1600 bikes in Washington, DC, the City of Alexandria, VA and Arlington VA, with system expansion planned in both jurisdictions. Through contracts with the Washington DC Department of Transportation (DDOT), the City of Alexandria, VA and Arlington County VA, Alta Bicycle Share is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Capital Bikeshare, including but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Overview of Position:
Capital Bikeshare is seeking qualified Station Technicians to help maintain all station terminals. The Station Technicians will check stations based on a regular schedule, and will provide on the spot maintenance and technical assistance to ensure proper operations of the Capital Bikeshare system. This is a part-time position, with a regular work schedule of 32 hours/week.
Key Aspects of Position:
· Interact with customers and potential customers in public - represent Capital Bikeshare and Alta Bicycle Share responsibly and effectively.
· Inspect and evaluate bicycles and bike share stations for safety, functionality, and cleanliness.
· Perform routine bicycle maintenance, cleaning, and minor repairs as necessary.
· Identify and report bicycles in need of in-house repair.
· Perform routine station maintenance and repairs as necessary.
· Identify, report, and resolve, if possible, all station malfunctions and/or problems.
· Use communication and computer technology effectively to record all maintenance/repair activity.
· Assist with station assembly and installation as necessary/assigned.
· Retrieve bicycles tagged for in-house repair.
· Receive training in all aspects of Capital Bikeshare operations, to include:
o Bicycle maintenance and repair
o Station technology (hardware and software), maintenance and repair
o Basic customer service and public relations.
· Other duties as necessary/assigned
· Work environment varies, and will include the following:
o Riding a bicycle and/or driving a light truck alone or with other staff, to and among bike share station locations and other locations as necessary.
o Industrial facility with indoor and outdoor work areas.
o Exposure to varying weather conditions during all 4 seasons as this is a year-round position