About Alta :
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Capital Bikeshare currently operates with over 300 stations and 2600 bikes in Washington, DC, the City of Alexandria, VA, Arlington County, VA and Montgomery County, MD with system expansion planned in all jurisdictions in 2014.
Through contracts with the Washington DC Department of Transportation (DDOT), the City of Alexandria, VA , Arlington County VA, & Montgomery County, MD, Alta Bicycle Share is responsible for all “on the ground” aspects of Capital Bikeshare, including but not limited to: station and bike building and deployment, station and bike repair and maintenance, and bicycle redistribution.
Overview of Position:
Capital Bikeshare is seeking Bike Mechanics to help with repairs and maintenance of our bicycle fleet. Training on technical and unique aspects of CaBi bikes will be provided. You'll be a part of a groundbreaking team that focuses on the maintenance of an innovative bicycle transportation system, with emphasis on exceeding the highest standards for service.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Complete repairs in a professional and timely manner.
- Set a schedule and report for work as assigned.
- Respond to requests from your manager(s).
- Assist in maintaining an OSHA compliant workplace.
- Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
- Keep a positive relationship with all co-workers.
- Contribute to the future growth of Capital Bikeshare.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned
- Industrial facility with indoor bike repair shop. Outdoor cleaning areas as necessary.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least 6 months of professional bike repair experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Passion for bikes, efficiency and sustainability
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Alta Bicycle Share is a drug-free workplace.