Divvy is Chicago’s new bike share system launching in Summer 2013. Under contract with the
City of Chicago Department of Transportation, Divvy is excited to announce the beginning of its operations and seek stalented individuals to assist in the general management of the bike share program leading up to system launch of 300 stations and 3000 bikes. More at DivvyBikes.com.
Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the General Manager, the General Management Intern is responsible for assisting with the overall success of Alta’s Chicago bike share program as measured by program P & L, performance in core program functions, and client and customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include assisting in business strategy development and implementation; training oversight, leadership and coaching; client and customer service; and contract negotiation and compliance. Ideal candidates will be open to learning about delegation, safety and success in managing multi-faceted operations with a diverse and committed workforce. He/she must be able to work from our Chicago office at least 3 days a week, and may occasionally be asked to participate in weekend events along with other Divvy staff.
Employment Status: Part Time, Non-Paid Internship
Duration: Minimum 3 months summer internship. Possibility of 6 months – 1 year internship, if agreed upon by the intern and Divvy staff.
Assist in managing all aspects of Alta Bicycle Share Chicago program deployment and launch, marketing, customer service, administration and oversee all aspects of ongoing operations, including but not limited to:
• Train, schedule, and manage a diverse workforce to necessarily and continually accomplish core program functions.
• Working with the management and street team to develop strategies to accomplish operational functions including bike and station deployment, maintenance, repair, cleaning, and bicycle redistribution.
• Working with the local client, management and street team to develop strategies for membership and corporate sales, public relations, and customer service.
• Manage multiple subcontracts.
• Lead collaboration with multiple clients and multiple sponsors.
• Continuous operation with adherence to policies, contracts, and budgets.
• Implement, improve, and share operational best practices.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety policies and procedures.
• Forecast revenues and expenses, and manage a budget.
• Ensure reports, invoices and purchase orders are complete and timely delivered to project officers and managers.
• Maintain strong client and vendor relations.