Divvy is Chicago’s new bike share system launching in Summer 2013. Under contract with the
City of Chicago Department of Transportation, Divvy is excited to announce the beginning of its operations and seeks talented individuals to assist in the general management of the bike share program leading up to system launch of 300 stations and 3000 bikes. More at DivvyBikes.com.
Overview of the Position:
Divvy is seeking an entrepreneurial Administrative Management Intern who will help support all general office activities from system launch to assisting with managing the Divvy office. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the coordination of administrative services, clerical and support services, printing, mail distribution and messenger services, telecommunications, maintenance, purchasing, and security. He/she must be able to work from our Chicago office at least 3 days a week, and may occasionally be asked to participate in weekend events along with other Divvy staff.
· Assist with setup of new office and systems, including purchasing furniture, supplies, equipment, and working closely with both local and remote staff.
· Provide administrative back-up support to all staff: Assist with filing, HR duties, and other administrative duties as assigned.
· Assist with scheduling interviews, meetings, and office events for executive staff to include calendar management.
· Phones: Answer and field questions; screen and transfer calls and provide contact information. (keep company employee/contact list up to date)
· Assist with setting up new hires and assist HR with on boarding process.
· Tenant Relations: Assist with lease management, incoming/outgoing tenant responsibilities, coordinate repairs/maintenance, fire alarm monitoring, etc.
· Assist in serving as vendor liaison: making sure machines are serviced when necessary; office supplies inventory/ordering and equipment/furniture are managed for entire office.
· Assist with shipping by FedEx, UPS, other shipments, and all incoming/outgoing mail is sent and delivered daily.
· Assist in providing executive assistance to the management staff.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Duration: Minimum 3 months summer internship. Possibility of 6 months – 1 year internship, if agreed upon by the intern and Divvy staff.