Divvy is Chicago’s new bike share system launching in Summer 2013. Under contract with the City of Chicago DOT, Divvy is excited to announce the beginning of its operations and seeks talented individuals to join our team, leading up to a system launch of 300 stations and 3000 bikes. More at DivvyBikes.com.
Overview of Position:
Divvy is seeking drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle rebalancing. The Rebalancing Team is required to drive vans in the greater Chicago area to help maintain optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Experience driving trucks or large vans in city traffic.
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Drives a large van or SUV with trailer to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand data.
- Addresses and logs bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed.
- Evaluates bike condition, and escalates issues, as needed.
- Inspects bike stations for safety, operability and cleanliness.
- Troubleshoots stations/ensures station operability.
- Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment.
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Other duties as assigned.