Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. New York City Bike Share is excited to announce the beginning of its operations in New York City with up to 10,000 bikes and 600 stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
New York City Bike Share is seeking Bike Checkers to help with all aspects of field bicycle maintenance, cleaning, and repair. Training on technical and unique aspects of NYCBS bikes will be provided. You’ll be a part of a groundbreaking team that focuses on the successful launch of an innovative bicycle transportation system with emphasis on building strong client and sponsor relationships while exceeding the highest standards for service.
• Works outdoors in all conditions performing assigned tasks.
• Works alone or in teams and reports to Head Bike Mechanic.
• Rides a bicycle throughout city to check status and perform routine maintenance on bicycles.
• Evaluates bicycle condition, and escalates issues, as needed.
• Inspects bicycle stations for safety, functionality and cleanliness.
• Works with Customer Service & Street Team to ensure timely and productive workflows.
• Some data entry, for inventory tracking purposes.