Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. New York City Bike Share is excited to announce the beginning of its operations in New York City with up to 10,000 bikes and 600 stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
New York City Bike Share is seeking organized and team-oriented dispatchers to ensure smooth operations from “Command Central”. The dispatch team will direct all employee traffic, including bicycle redistribution and service, station repair, and on-street customer service issues.
You’ll be a part of a groundbreaking team that focuses on the successful operation of an innovative bicycle transportation system with emphasis on building strong client and sponsor relationships while exceeding the highest standards for service.
Monitor bicycle demand data and dispatch tools; assign and direct Redistribution
Ensure maximum safety, utility, and efficiency of redistribution vehicles in the field
Monitor station functionality; assign and direct Technicians
Liaise between Customer Service Team and Street Team
Address and log data as required, including bike status, system events, and rebalancing data
Communicate tactfully and productively with your team
Monitor and enforce safety, good judgment, and company policies and procedures
Conducts a detailed report to oncoming shift including the status of all drivers and any information pertinent to the oncoming shift
Assist with scheduling and workflow development and improvement
Other duties as assigned.
- Deep knowledge of Manhattan and Brooklyn geography/street layout.
- Previous NYC dispatch or logistics experience
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and leader by example
- Flexible to work various shifts, as assigned.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish New York City Bike Share’s Mission. New York City Bike Share is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.