Who We Are
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Alta Bicycle Share operates approximately 1100 bikes at over 110 stations in the Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and Brookline area in 2013.
Alta Bicycle Share, on-the-ground operators of the Hubway bike sharing program is seeking seasonal station service technicians to help to check all station terminals based on a regular schedule, and to provide on the spot maintenance and technical assistance to ensure proper operations of the Hubway stystem throughout Boston.
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Station Service Department Manager.
- Rides a bicycle or drives a large van or SUV with trailer to check the status and perform routine evaluation and maintenance on all Hubway stations and escalates issues, as needed.
- Inspects terminals for proper operation and performs spot maintenance and cleaning of stations.
- Some data entry for work order tracking purposes.
- Troubleshoots stations/ensures station operability.
- Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment.
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record. (no major violations in past 5 years; no more than 2 minor in past 3 years)
- Experience driving a large van in city traffic.
- Knowledge of Boston geography/street layout.
- Basic computer skills- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing a must.
- Must be able to start immediately with the ability to work various shifts, as assigned.
- Anticipated hours: Weekday- 8am- 5pm.
- Previous delivery driving, mechanical and/or logistics experience preferred.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.