Landscape Structures is seeking a production supervisor for our concrete operations facility. Our one-of-a-kind 30,000-square-foot facility is exclusively devoted to the design and manufacturing of imaginative playground elements made of precast concrete and glass fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC).
The production supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of a team of employees engaged in manufacturing our concrete play products. This position promotes continuous improvement through the use of lean manufacturing principles and instilling a culture of idea sharing and implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Analytical skills
- Passion for continuous improvement and achieving results
- Achieve results through others
Employee Training and Development
- Trains team leads and operators on the principles of lean manufacturing – waste management, hour-by-hour charts (takt time), QCDSM boards, and continuous improvement.
- Encourages and identifies opportunities for employee development.
- Assess training requirements based on current and future needs.
- Facilitate a cross-training program for all employees to allow maximum flexibility of workforce.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained in areas of job duties, procedures, goals, and safety requirements.
- Clearly communicate performance expectations and feedback to individuals and teams.
- Develop and update employee-training records.
- Facilitate troubleshooting sessions to pinpoint issues and solutions (vendor problems, quality issues).
- Utilize kaizen methodologies to continuously improve productivity and quality.
- Lead cross-functional teams in brainstorming sessions – this could include a combination of manufacturing engineering, product development, materials, purchasing, maintenance, quality, etc.
- Managing for daily improvement – utilizing QCDSM boards to help work centers continually improve (newspaper items, trending information, goal setting).
- Develop and maintain simple, visual metrics that enable us to meet customer needs and promote continuous improvement. Teach employees on the importance of visual management – use of tool boards, daily 5s checklists, cleanliness of workstations and surrounding areas.
- Develop and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Facilitate problem solving with operators to develop solutions to root-cause problems.
- Facilitate daily communication with personnel to review previous day's results. Celebrate successes and discuss action plans for improving other areas.
- Utilize horizontal and vertical support teams to continually meet expectations in Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Morale.
- Utilizes kaizen methodologies and tools to sustain and exceed results from kaizen events.
- Motivation of employees to achieve production goals (takt time, scrap reduction, productivity, etc.).
- Lead MDI efforts in their department, helping their leads identify opportunities and implement improvements.
- Work closely with their engineering counterpart to help determine projects and priorities within the department.
Planning and Execution
- Analyze, develop and execute staffing plan based on demand.
- Develop and sustain standard work for operations and/or positions.
- Effectively communicate issues and concerns to horizontal support team.
- Ensure ISO 9000 and 14000 procedures are followed and requirements are met.
- Ensure timely delivery of product to our internal and external customers.
- Able to assess department’s current situation (i.e. staffing, capacity constraints, equipment maintenance issues, etc.) and communicate their needs clearly with their own manager.
- Promote worker safety.
- Ensures that time and production records are properly maintained.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide leadership and employee development to production supervisor staff.
- Manage performance through coaching and necessary corrective action.
- Ultimate responsibility for the work performed by direct reports.