Entry level position to the commercial electrical trade which requires no previous electrical experience, however candidate should be familiar with basic hand tools and or construction.
An Apprentice requires employee to assist Journeyman Electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an Electrician.
- Learn the type, name and use of tools and equipment and materials
- Keep materials and tools and equipment in an orderly fashion
- Understand and follow Company Safety Program
- Keep work area clean at all times
- Demonstrate the proper care of tools, equipment and materials
- Assist in wire pulls installations such as fixtures & branch rough-in
- Learn the basics of bending conduit up to 3/4"
- Learn & understand basic electrical code
- Perform tasks for which he/she has been given instruction
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- May work in dusty, dirty, hot, cold, or wet conditions, or in confined areas, ditches, or other uncomfortable spaces, or in high place and on personnel lifts
- Work is sometimes strenuous, requiring standing for long periods, squatting, stretching and climbing and working on ladders and scaffolds
- Work can require moving, lifting and carrying tools and materials in excess of 100 pounds
- Work can require the use of sharp tools, hydraulic tools, high torque power tools and a wide variety of hand tools
- May work in areas with exposure to trip and slip hazards, multiple level areas with potential falling objects exposure and fall exposure, and exposure to electrical shock and arc flash hazard
- ABOVE ACTIVITIES REQUIRE ADHERENCE TO ESTABLISHED SAFETY PRACTICES
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Must have the ability to:
- Work as part of a team
- Distinguish colors
- Verbally communicate with supervision, other trades, supervised employees, inspectors, owners and customers
- Present a neat, clean, professional appearance
- Read and comprehend specifications, blueprints, change orders and other job related communications
- Fill out necessary daily, weekly and monthly paperwork
- Use reason, logic and good judgment in making decisions and solving problems.
- Plan activities ahead of time
- Standard 40 Hour work week, however:
- Overtime may be required. (Appropriate pay rates apply)
- Nights and/or weekends may be required. (Appropriate pay rates apply)
- May be required to travel - Settle Muter Electric performs work throughout the state of Ohio and Kentucky. Travel pay and per diem rates may apply
- Adherence to company policies is required at all times
- Required to provide own transportation to and from jobsites
These are not all-inclusive, however, a basic description to employment conditions at Settle Muter Electric. SME reserves the right to change this list at any time.
All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check along with random drug screenings
Settle Muter Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote employment opportunities for minorities and women.