Matheson Inc. is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join the Matheson Control Center in Sacramento, CA.
Company Overview: Matheson Inc. is an industry leader offering client specialized support since 1964. Matheson Inc. is comprised of three operating divisions: Matheson Postal Services, Matheson Flight Extenders and Matheson Environmental. Matheson Trucking Inc. offers an all-inclusive solution to logistics and environmental servicing needs. These expertise offer superior client benefits, first-class customer service, innovation and efficiency; these qualities jointed represent the pulse of the heart that is Matheson Trucking Inc.
Division Overview: The Matheson Control Center is instrumental in the day-to-day success of the operations of Matheson’s Postal Services division. This is a fast-paced dynamic work environment operating 24 hours a day, 7 days and week and 365 days a year.
The Operations Supervisor provides direction and guidance to Matheson Postal Services drivers using specialized software. The Operations Supervisor will deliver direction and guidance in non-routine situations, documenting action and providing information to proper terminal management. This opportunity requires schedule flexibility, as the requirements are 24/7. The individual must be self-directed, capable of working in an unsupervised environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage performance by providing direction and support to Postal drivers.
- Hold drivers accountable for following Matheson policies and procedures.
- Clear and concise communicator, both verbal and written
- Establish strong relationships with terminal management and maintenance providing guidance to drivers and insight to terminal leadership to resolve operational disconnects.
- Must be able to document activity providing comprehensive reports regarding the action taken to resolve an operational issues
- Independently composes reports and correspondence containing decisions that support operational excellence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Job: (what is absolutely necessary in the job)
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to master the operational strategy of Matheson Postal Services
- Extensive knowledge of DOT requirements
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by road, air, sea, or rail, including the relative costs and benefits
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Must have the ability to be an expert in Specialized Software
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ensure the operational and safety strategies of Matheson Postal Services are executed on a daily basis.
- The ability to acquire extensive knowledge of DOT requirements
- Ability to lead employees through complex and difficult situations
- Ensure the organization is focused on the proper issues when operating in a fluid environment
- Ensure the organization is properly balancing costs vs. results
- BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related experience
- Experience leading an organization in a fluid operational environment
- Previous experience working with the USPS is a plus
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience
Matheson Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.