Matheson Inc. is looking for an experienced GSE Mechanic in Portland, OR.
Matheson Flight Extenders specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the USPS and other commercial carriers. Whether it is local, long distance, or a continuation of air movement, Matheson Flight Extenders provides our customers with a wide range of services customized to fit their specific needs.
THE Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic is responsible for properly diagnosing and performing repairs to gas and diesel-powered engines, hydraulic, electric and air brake systems. The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic plays a critical role in the continued success of the company’s’ and employees safety. This position requires a professional approach to maintenance and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Repairing and overhauling ground support equipment
- Performing troubleshooting of ground support equipment
- Maintaining equipment in a safe condition
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance servicing
- Responsible for keeping tools and support equipment in safe and operable working condition
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and free of hazards
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Sitting required infrequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
- Assist in moving packages or equipment up to 150 pounds
- Simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Possess ability to detect problems and implement corrections on diesel, gasoline engines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to work in an environment with: variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Aviation related Ground Service Equipment required
- Ability to prioritize
- Focus on quality workmanship
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret and problem solve from blueprints/schematics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation: Will Commensurate with Experience.
Matheson Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.