Matheson Inc. is looking for an experienced Part-Time Class A Driver for the Mitchell, SD area. Class A Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded are invited to apply.
Are you tired of being a "number" ready to join a company that recognizes you as an individual' Do you feel undervalued and rarely appreciated' Do you want to be part of a team of highly-skilled professionals'
If you answered 'YES' to these questions and meet the following requirements, we want you to be a part of our family!
• Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions following signals from loading crew while checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
• Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicles.
• Secure cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
• Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
• Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
• Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
• Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
• Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
• Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment as necessary.
• Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs or tire chains.
• Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS), or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
• CDL Driver's License
• 2 years recent Class A driving experience
• Clean MVR
• Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
- CDL Driver’s License
- 2 years recent Class A driving experience
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Compensation: Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination.
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.