Matheson Inc. is currently in the process of opening a new division of Matheson. Our emerging organization is expanding our business with the development of Matheson Environmental Services.
We are looking for an experienced Site Service Specialist to join our new division and assist us in driving success!
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to be competitively compensated for your accomplishments? Are you looking for a position that offers freedom and flexibility?
If you answered "YES"¯ to the questions listed above then we are looking for YOU!
The Matheson Environmental Services Advantage:
It is our mission to provide the best and most cost effective environmental services solutions. We specialize in customized results designed to fit our client's business and budget desires.
Our customer consultation program provides us with the opportunity to highlight our ability to place a keen focus on the individuality of our clients and support their unique needs with stable and competent service providers. For decades, Matheson has been controlling cost; we take a matchless approach, by passing on our savings to our clients while providing premiere services.
Our business model is designed to display our innovation and efficiency; we showcase this by continuing to re-engineer our workflow to ensure optimal results. We are committed to utilizing new, emerging, and established disposal and recycling technologies to guarantee we are operating at the highest of efficiency.
Position Description: The Site Service Specialist is a position requiring diverse range of talents utilized to perform a wide range of activities. This position will provide waste management support services to sales, operations, project managers and supervisory staff for all projects. This position is responsible for assuring that Matheson Environmental Services (MES) exceeds the client’s expectations for all services rendered throughout the sales/project implementation/billing process, through to project completion. The Site Service Specialist is responsible for providing decision-making that includes cost control and safely maximizing utilization of the overall project.
- Provide support to Sales and Operations Departments for all waste management issues including pricing, waste characterization and profiling, preparation of shipping documents, or preparation of quotations.
- Provide pricing and Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facilities (TSDF) approval for recycling/disposal/transportation of waste for the sales estimators, operations field staff, and clients
- Provide stellar customer service to Matheson Environmental Services clients’, properly setting customer expectations by ensuring information provided is accurate and current
- Assist management through the execution of unspecified tasks requiring technical and organizational expertise
- Ensure waste management compliance for local, state and federal transportation and environmental regulations
- Establish customer accounts by negotiating and documenting service type, pricing, billing, and other required information
- Adapts and is able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment
- Perform any additional tasks or assignments on an as-needed basis as directed by management.
- Uses expert knowledge in the areas of HAZMAT and DOT regulations to execute the most effective compliance strategy
- Independently compose reports and correspondence containing decision that support operational excellence
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases
- Conduct internet based research to resolve issues
- Minimum 2-year Associate’s Degree; 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum three years of relative experience
- Possession of a valid State of California driver’s license
- Extensive knowledge of DOT Regulations, including Hazardous Material and Hazardous Waste transportation requirements, basic understanding of environmental regulations
- Highly motivated and ambitious self-starter
- Possess necessary oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills and an ability to successfully utilize the following software applications: MS Office and Adobe Acrobat, with the ability to learn and utilize others as required
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient at handling customer inquiries, complaints, and service needs
- Ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to set priorities and achieve objectives
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience; this position offers an incentive/bonus plan tailored to meet company objectives and occupational goals.
Please note: Matheson Inc. Recruiting Department will communicate with you by email concerning your application, it is very important that you are able to receive our messages. Please add the following email addresses to your allowed incoming email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can communicate with you.
Matheson Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.