United Federal Credit Union has been around since 1949, serving ever-growing and diverse markets. Diversity gives us strength, with more than 117,000 members, $1.5 billion in assets, and branches in six states. Although our credit union is growing rapidly, we still believe in taking a very personal approach to the way we do business.
We are growing, and have a Financial Advisor II position available in Stevensville, MI
The Financial Advisor II is responsible for helping members identify and meet their financial goals, primarily through providing financial planning services and the corresponding sale of non-depository investment and insurance products. This includes retirement planning, investment planning, college planning, estate planning, and insurance needs. The Financial Advisor II also has general responsibility for developing and growing the UIP investment program in their designated market by developing and executing a business plan that will grow their market and their team.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- FINRA Series 7 securities license required at hire and FINRA Series 65 or 66 securities license required within 3 months of employment. Series 24 is preferred.
- Life, health, variable products insurance licenses in all states in which doing business required within 3 months of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and comprehend sophisticated financial planning concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adhere to federal and state regulations/laws as they pertain to investment and/or insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively sell financial services products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize the necessary software to complete job functions
- Minimum of three years previous experience as a Financial Advisor or similar work experience is required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop a Financial Advisor that is working on the team in the region.
- Certified Financial Planner™ or similar advanced professional designation preferred.
When you come to work at United Federal Credit Union you’ll find a workplace that might be a little bit different than what you’ve experienced before. At every branch you’ll find a team of professionals who are committed to both Member and employee satisfaction. To learn more about United Federal Credit Union visit www.unitedfcu.com.
For immediate consideration please apply online at: https://memberlink.unitedfcu.com/webapps/careers/
United Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.