Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at JMC Steel Group!
Wheatland Tube, a division of JMC Steel Group, seeks an hourly Electrical Technician for our Warren, OH facility. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation; repair and trouble-shooting work involved with electrical systems, and improves upon designs of existing machinery and facilities.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Installs, services and repairs lighting fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring.
• Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
• Installs, repairs and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
• Constructs and maintains service equipment.
• Reads electrical circuit diagrams.
• Transfers primary power from one power source to another.
• Installs conductors, splices cable, builds terminations and does necessary hook-up for primary power lines.
• Lay conduit for low and mid voltage electric lines.
• May do other trades work incidental to electrical work.
• Update maintenance records, computer data entry and reports
• Report incidents/accidents or safety issues.
• Monitor all power houses, keep record of safety and Code compliance
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, a trade or technical school diploma, and a minimum of five years of experience, metal rolling mill experience and induction heating systems a plus.
• Installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of single and three phase power distribution & equipment to 480V, plant lighting, single and multiphase AC and DC motors from fractional to 300HP, AC/DC solid state and conventional motor control, PLCs, DCS, combustion controls, power and control cable and conduit, electrical and electronic instrumentation including devices such as thermocouples, pressure, flow, level and force transducers.
• Ability to interpret power and control electrical/electronic schematics, interconnection wiring and control drawings and utilize various electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to pass a physical examination and drug test.
• Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hrs per day and lift 50 lbs.
• Bending, walking, and lifting is required.
• Work will be in an industrial environment consisting of excessive noise, moving machinery and equipment, overhead equipment, water, dirt and grease.
JMC Steel Group offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are JMC Steel Group.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of JMC Steel Group and of our customers.