Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at JMC Steel Group!
Atlas Tube, a division of JMC Steel Group, is seeking a Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Canadian Plant Controller, the Staff Accountant will assist the Controller and Senior Staff Accountant in day to day accounting activities.
- Assist in the monthly financial close as necessary including entry of all journal entries
- Responsible for all inter/intra company reconciliations and clearing work, ensuring reconciliation file is prepared for review at close.
- Complete assigned monthly account reconciliations.
- Completely weekly IPS invoice data upload and monthly accrual load, all related journal entries and monthly account reconciliations for all Atlas locations
- Complete daily banking processes
- Prepare and key daily conversion entries between Harrow and Plymouth
- Prepare quarterly rollforwards for review and submission to corporate
- Prepare monthly corporate report
- Complete all survey requests from Stats Can or US Dept of Stats
- Meet all required due dates with completeness and accuracy.
- Support the annual budget process as necessary
- Support the annual external audit as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
College graduate with 1-2 years experience with general ledger accounting, closing, and manufacturing. Ideally working towards CGA or CMA. Must have extensive advanced knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet use. Experience with SAP software would be a plus.
Must have excellent analytical skills and accounting knowledge. Ability to communicate with management at all levels in a professional manner and have good writing skills to summarize findings. Some travel is required – must be able to travel to US. Significant part of workday will be spent on a personal computer.
JMC Steel Group offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits and much more.
We are JMC Steel Group.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of JMC Steel Group and of our customers.