Join the team at First Business as a Financial Accounting Intern
First Business is a locally managed successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in Commercial Lending, Treasury Management, Trust & Investments, Private Banking, Asset-based Lending, Factoring, and Equipment Finance.
First Business is a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals. Adding top talent doesn’t just mean full time – but interns as well!
As an intern with First Business you will gain valuable work experience in a professional environment, leveraging your prior experience, education, and involvement. Our interns play an essential role in the departments they are part of, working on important responsibilities, special projects, and networking with our teams.
Financial Accounting Intern: This position will provide an opportunity to work within the Finance Department of a publicly traded commercial bank, working directly under the direction of the Chief Accounting Officer and Controller. This position will work with a highly skilled team and gain insight into multiple areas of the finance function and help with a variety of tasks and projects as needed.
Hours & Schedule: We are looking for an individual to work full time, 40 hours per week, during the summer; as well as 15-20 hours per week during the school year. Flexibility of working hours during the semester will be available. This internship will run through at least the end of spring semester 2014, with the potential to be extended if the candidate is still a student. The position would start when the candidate is available at the end of the spring 2013 semester. The position works out of our Madison headquarters, so ability to travel to/from during the semester is necessary.
Specifically, as a Financial Accounting Intern you will:
- Process accounts payable for the organization. Processing includes coding of invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals, scanning invoices for electronic record storage, and check disbursement and distribution.
- Participate in month-end close through the processing and submission of a core set of assigned journal entries, including preparing journal entries and month-end financial statements for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Complete assigned general ledger account reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Complete assigned internal checking account reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Support the Corporation’s internal controls over financial reporting as it relates to assigned job functions.
- Gain exposure to SEC reporting through the preparation of detailed supporting schedules.
- Learn multiple tasks of the finance department to allow the opportunity to assist and provide appropriate staff coverage where/when needed.
- Other routine tasks as time permits and additional challenges are requested.
|First Business Financial Services, Inc. Nasdaq: FBIZ is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives, and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance, and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility, and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com or call 608-238-8008.
First Business is an Equal Opportunity Employer.