Universal Protection Service is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate individual who loves working with people! The ideal candidate is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join a high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering excellent customer service.
The focus of the Operations Manager position is on achieving accurate and timely results that support established organizational standards. Drive, determination, and taking responsibility for assuring Company policies and procedures are correctly followed are necessary qualities for successful job performance!
The Operations Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, and processing payroll for all Security Professionals within assigned client sites for their respective Division and/or Branch. The Operations Manager is also required to but not limited to the following:
- Maintain regular communication with Security Professionals
- Resolve issues regarding pay, morale, or complaints
- Effectively manages overtime by ensuring effective scheduling and making timely, qualified hiring decisions
- Takes prompt action once a complaint is received regarding employee performance or conduct, administers disciplinary and coaching actions, and initiates and executes routine termination actions
- Interview and hire qualified applicants to fill open post positions in a proactive and timely manner, utilizing the company interviewing guidelines
- Make initial job offers and job transfers
- Create, modify, and manage post schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times
- Ensure all positions are staffed according to contract requirements
- Adhere to all company policies regarding timekeeping procedures, meal, rest, and period breaks
- Process requests for final pay checks, anniversary bonuses and other pay related issues, and execute the distribution of such pay
The Operations Manager position requires handling a variety of activities simultaneously, working at a faster than average pace with accuracy and attention to detail. The Operations Manager position will require an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, strives for excellence in all areas of work performance, and has exceptional follow up skills. Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years experience within the security, janitorial, or staffing industry
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree desirable.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Effective time management to frequent deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with strong MS Office and ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Clean driving record (no points in the past 3 years)
- Must be able to secure a valid Guard License for the state where you are applying if applicable in that state
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.