At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional! To maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Universal Protection Service is the 5th largest security company in the U.S. and the 3rd largest U.S. owned security organization. We attribute our success to our people. If you demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and enjoy contributing to a winning organization, we may have a position for you!
Universal Protection Service is known as the leader in client satisfaction among facility service providers. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team as a Director of Security.
The successful Director of Security will be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing all activities of the onsite Security staff, including all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees
- May be responsible for scheduling and payroll coordination, including pay and invoice reconciliation
- Conduct interviews, make recommendations for placement of security professionals
- Execute site specific orientations including review of Post Orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs
- Directly responsible for ensuring all training modules and tests are administered according to Company guidelines
Qualified applicants for the Director of Security position will meet the minimum requirements as listed below:
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college education preferred
- Tactically knowledgeable, analytical
- Corporate Security experience highly desired
- 5+ years of professional level experience required, prior experience in the security industry or law enforcement and/or military highly preferred
- Have a valid guard license where required by state/local jurisdiction
- Current driver's license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years).
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Online applications now being accepted.