Looking for a second job close to home with a steady schedule at a highly prestigious account?! This is a GREAT opportunity for individuals seeking a second job, part-time work, or students needing income:
Universal Protection Service seeks enthusiastic, passionate Security Officers for the following part-time Sunnyvale schedules:
Saturdays - Sundays: Day Shift 8am-4pm
Saturdays - Sundays: Swing Shift 4pm-Midnight
This position requires operating a security vehicle. Candidates must be age 25 + have a clean California DMV record to qualify.
Overall, the successful candidates must have security experience working in a commercial, high-rise and/or high-tech security environment, and must possess communicative and interpersonal skills
Pay = $14/Hr. Terrific high-tech environment. Strong computer skills required.
Qualified Security Professional applicants will meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Online applications now being accepted. Drop ins welcome at our San Jose office Mondays through Fridays 8 am - 3 pm, located at 777 N First Street, Suite 150. We have computer kiosks set up for your convenience.