At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional! To maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results!
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team. Universal Protection Service is known as the leader in client satisfaction among facility service providers. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team.
The Assistant Security Director is responsible for assisting with all supervisory, training and schedule functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following internal procedures.
- This position is the first direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or for Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs. Responsible for new hire training, evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments
- Responsible for making sure that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized.
- Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs.
- Respond to minor incidents (internal to Security Officers and/or external to client location) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
- Identify any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Security Director or Field Manager as appropriate. May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Security Director, Branch Manager or Corporate HR Director.
- Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions (may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of Security Director with prior approval from Branch/Corporate HR management).
- Distribute communications and other information to Security Professionals at post as directed.
- Respond to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Security Director, Field Manager, Branch and/or Regional Manager.
Salary $46,400 + Benefits and 401k
Qualified applicants for the Assistant Director of Security positions will meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with Security Professionals, Vice Presidents Clients and Managers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred
- Must have security industry and/or military experience.
- Must possess a valid Guard License for the state in which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status ofall required licenses at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Online applications now being accepted.