At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional! To maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Work for a company that values and rewards your exceptional customer service skills, security industry knowledge, and strong business management background.
Universal Protection Service is known as the leader in client satisfaction among facility service providers. We attribute that recognition to our first-rate management team! We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow!
If you desire to work in a progressive, fast paced environment where your contributions lead to personal and professional growth, where you have both the support and autonomy to perform at your highest level, Universal Protection Service may be the fit for you!
Universal Protection Service seeks a Manager for our thriving market under the direction of the Branch Manager or Regional Vice President, (RVP) the Manager is responsible for the day to day operational management of an assigned client portfolio within the branch operation.
- Primary client contact person for assigned portfolio of accounts. Responsibility for regular face to face client interaction and proactive resolution of any operational issues at assigned client base. Maintain ongoing and proactive client contact, including site visits, meeting attendance, timely response and follow up, phone calls, lunches and other special events.
- Utilizing branch and corporate resources, define, address and resolve all client issues including personnel/staffing concerns or requests, service issues or requests, execution of company programs, officer performance issues, or other service related items.
- Ensure all post requirements are current and complete at assigned portfolio, including current post orders, BSIS training compliance, staff training, vehicle policy compliance, uniform and appearance standards being met, and other staff and client relations policies being administered according to company standards.
- Ensure staff at assigned portfolio accounts meets all client and company standards, and that policies regarding coaching and discipline are followed consistently, employee complaints are promptly reported, investigated and resolved, and compliance with all employee relations policies is followed consistently.
- Assists the BM or RVP in coaching, developing and training branch staff to meet branch needs. Includes oversight in company policy execution by branch staff, assistance in completing projects as directed by the Branch Manager or RVP, and providing support to branch staff to effectively perform their job duties.
- Works closely with Sales team assigned to region. May participate in sales presentations to potential clients, go on sales calls, and participate in sales events.
- Directly responsible, with BM or RVP oversight, for new account start ups and transitions, ensuring staffing levels are met, training and uniform issues are addressed, and physically participating in startup activities to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ensure oversight and regular use of financial reports to manage key branch measurements, such as overtime and scheduling efficiency for assigned client portfolio.
- Attend and actively participate in management meetings within region and at corporate. Observe operations and make suggestions for improved efficiency as appropriate, including providing ideas and plans for growth and improvements within the assigned portfolio, branch or company-wide.
- Others duties as assigned by Branch Manager, Regional Vice President or corporate staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Prior experience in the security industry, highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Current California driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Compensation package with competitive base and generous performance – based bonus incentive. Auto allowance and fuel card for business- related travel. Excellent health benefits including medical, life, dental vision. 401K offered after 6 mos.