Universal Protection Service attributes our success to our Security Officers. If you demonstrate excellent service skills and enjoy contributing to a winning organization, we may have a position for you!
We have part-time weekend positions now open in the Phoenix area:
Ideal for sharp, polished, energetic customer service focused Security Officers who wish to build on their security experience.
The successful Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified Security Professional applicants will meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Online applications being accepted now, and Drop-Ins are welcome at our Phoenix Branch Office Mondays through Fridays 8 am-2 pm, located at:
3030 N. Central Avenue Ste 508
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Computer kiosks are set up for your convenience, Professional attire preferred