Do you have experience working as a Concierge, as a Security Console Officer, or as a Security Lobby Ambassador? Universal Protection Service seeks experienced Concierge Security Officers to work at a very prestigious Hi-Rise property in Downtown San Francisco. If selected for this post, you will be providing an unparalleled level of security and customer service
Universal Protection Service proudly supports the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020.
Primary job duties:
Greet and screen visitors and tenants - give recommendations to tenants, visitors, and clients regarding local venues, restaurants, and attractions in San Francisco.
Oversee access control for visitors and vendors
Control interior and exterior of the property and Report suspicious activities and persons
Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Must possess private security experience, Concierge/Doorman experience, preferably for a Residential property or working as a Security Lobby Ambassador in a highly professional Hi-Rise environment.
This property requires outstanding timekeeping, advanced customer interraction skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred
- Desired prior hi-rise experience
- Must exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess a valid Guard License for your state, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Online applications now being accepted. Drop-ins are welcome at our San Francisco Branch Office Mondays through Fridays, 8 am-3 pm, Professional Attire Preferred, located at 545 Sansome Street, 6th Floor. We have computer kiosks set up for your convenience.