Universal Protection Service, the Nation’s largest privately-held contract Security Company, is seeking a Security Officer to provide security at a prestigious San Jose High School. Pay = $13.50/Hr.
*Prior security experience in a High School setting preferred.
*Must have strong communication skills and be able to work in a highly structured environment.
*Must be age 25+ have a clean DMV record in order to operate the site security vehicle.
Security Officer Duties include, but are not limited to;
Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Prior education security experience is beneficial
Must possess a valid Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Must possess stellar customer service and communication skills.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Online applications now being accepted. Drop-ins welcome at our San Jose Branch Office, located at 777 N First Street, San Jose Suite 150, Mondays through Fridays 8am-3pm. Computer kiosks are set up for your convenience.