At Universal Protection Service, our vision is to be Exceptional! To maintain exceptional people, to provide exceptional service, and to create exceptional results! Universal Protection Service just celebrated 50 years of being in business and is the largest retail security provider and the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.We attribute our success to our people. If you demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and enjoy contributing to a winning organization, we may have a position for you!
Universal Protection Service is known as the leader in client satisfaction among facility service providers. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team as a Director of Security.
The successful Director of Security will be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing all activities of the onsite Security staff, including all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all aspects of executing the security contract at the assigned location(s)
- Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees
- Conduct interviews, make recommendations for placement of security professionals, and execute site-specific orientations
- Is the first point of contact for security professionals regarding performance, operations, emergency response activities, and department needs
- May be responsible for scheduling and payroll coordination at assigned site based on the size and post requirements, including pay and invoice reconciliation
Qualified applicants for the Director of Security position will meet the minimum requirements as listed below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college education or business classes desirable.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional-level experience required.
- Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly preferred.
- Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
- Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
- Valid driver's license in the state for which you are applying and meet company driving standards to safely operate a company vehicle if required.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.