- Support designated exercises in accordance with Strategic Command Instruction 508-9, Exercise Program. Within the period of performance, a contractor-supported exercise series may include current and following year planning and coordination activities. Although some of these exercises may be executed outside the period of performance, planning events for these exercises within the period of performance shall require contractor support. Anticipated exercises for FY14-15 are included in Appendix 1. Primary exercises sponsored by USSTRATCOM are its GLOBAL-series exercises (THUNDER/LIGHTNING) and CYBER FLAG.
- When requested, provide support to other Geographic and Functional Combatant Commands (GCC/FCC), the Joint Staff, and other Federal and DOD agency exercises. When required, act as the executive agent/lead exercise planner for the Government.
- Assist with exercise/training objective development for each designated exercise/training event.
- Assist with planning, developing, coordinating, and implementing a plan of action and milestones (POA&M) to establish and track key actions, milestones, and deliverable dates for each designated exercise Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) event.
- Assist with preparing and coordinating the exercise initiating directive not later than 30 days prior to the Concept Development Conference (CDC). Assist with planning, preparing, conducting, and attending Command and supported exercise conferences (concept development/initial planning/mid-planning/final planning/synchronization conferences (CDC/IPC/MPC/FPC/SYNCH)); chair working groups; and carry out follow-on meetings/interim planning reviews resulting from the conferences. Assist with pre-event planning, on-site coordination, and post-event support. Pre-event planning shall include site selection/set-up, development and distribution of announcements, creation of the agenda and briefing materials, and security registration. Assist with on-site coordination which includes attendee check-in, security problem resolution, document control, and coordination with the host facility. Post-event support shall include site tear-down, developing and e-mailing the conference proceedings, generation of lessons learned or final reports, publishing conference notes/working group out-brief slides, and posting each to its respective exercise website.
- Assist with research and propose Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) architecture and manning structure. Assist with the preparation of an exercise Joint Manning Document for exercise manning support requirements.
- Assist with preparing, finalizing, publishing, and distributing the JECG Exercise Control Plan.
- Assist with determining JECG training requirements. Assist with developing JECG training plans and courses. Assist with instructing JECG courses and equipment operation.
- Help operate and participate in JECG functions.
- Assist with the development, coordination, publishing, and distribution of the Exercise Directive (EXDIR) message.
- Assist with developing Master Scenario Events and implementers to support the exercise. Implementers may require message traffic, phone calls, e-mails, media queries, media reports (video and written), letters, radio traffic, and other inputs.
- Assist with draft exercise plan (EXPLAN) preparation for review by the Mid-Planning Conference (MPC). Assist with finalizing, publishing, and distributing the EXPLAN and supporting plans. Post to exercise website for review.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the Significant Military Exercise Brief (SMEB) message in accordance with DODI C-5030.44.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination, and finalization of all simulated message traffic, Command and CJCS emergency action messages, EAP-CJCS Volume VI conference requirements and scripts, senior officer executive summaries, game books, media, and orders.