Perform organizational tasks in support of the medical facility to include, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Manage the daily operations of assigned computer systems.Â Systems will include, but not be limited to, Preventive Health Care Assessment (PHCA), Complete Immunizations Tracking Application (CITA)/ Preventive Health Assessment and Individual Medical Readiness (PIMR), McKesson, and other medical/clinical suites.Â Assigned systems operate under various operating systems including Windows, and UNIX which are hosted on the medical center's domain.Â Â Assigned systems may utilize various database management systems including Informix, ODBC Database(s), SQL Server, and MS Access.Â Configure, install and support microcomputer workstations used by the clinics.Â Provide scheduled backup and archiving of the system databases and other stored information.
- Coordinate data collection for system files and tables.
- Monitor system security.Â Â Apply Air Force-directed updates to operation system and application software.
- Assign new user accounts and passwords.Â Â Establish/maintain user account documentation.Â Â Retire accounts of personnel no longer requiring access to assigned systems.
- Provide database administration.Â Â Â This includes the following:Â (a) reviewing and coordinating updates to the database and ensuring that the system is functioning correctly after updates, (b) monitoring database performance to ensure efficient operation and to project future system needs, (c) troubleshooting problems and assisting users, (d) creating and distributing new procedures and circulating relevant bulletins that address database changes and enhancements and (e) developing customized reports.
- Assist users experiencing problems
Perform troubleshooting procedures to correct any problems with hardware or software.Â Â Perform diagnostics and maintain updated procedures and databases.
- Coordinate software vendor updates, hardware maintenance, DoD/AF Program Offices releases, and other support provided by personnel at higher headquarters or at Program Management Offices (PMO).
- Manage and report installed equipment in accordance with Military Department directives.
- Assist/accomplish software and hardware upgrades/changes.
- Create Ad Hoc reports as requested and weekly reports on trouble calls completed.
- Provide all procedures and checklists developed to facilitate the management of assigned systems; and all command files, source code, object files, libraries, executable images, and other computer files created.