What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
The position is to develop a user-interface to support our refactoring assistant. Our tool uses genetic algorithms to automatically recommend refactoring's to source code.
- Enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community.
- You will be subject to a background check and must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with modern development environments
- Familiarity with object-oriented languages like Java, C#, or C++
- Ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- Developing web-based user interfaces
- Eliciting project requirements to inform development
- Python or similar script development
Job Function Breakdown:
100% Software Engineering Research
Please visit 'Why Carnegie Mellon' to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.