What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Are you a Talent Engagement professional looking for a lucrative opportunity? If so, we are looking for a Talent Engagement Advisor who will partner with the Talent Engagement Manager to work with assigned customer groups to provide employee relations (ER) service by building trusted partnerships. You will provide consultation and support to employees, managers, and leaders within their groups to ensure standard methodologies are being applied to employment matters. In addition to providing talent engagement support, you will develop, contribute to, and implement process management for broader initiatives and programs such as employee onboarding, employee off boarding, HR Help inquiries, ongoing recognition programs and immigration.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion (5%)
- Ability to travel periodically to Arlington and other offices
- You will be subject to a background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience handling ER with a high level of customer service.
- Established ability to quickly shift focus and prioritize efficiently.
- Proven capacity to discretely handle sensitive information.
- Proven experience partnering with customers to develop HR solutions and successfully supporting employees with HR related issues.
- Ability to handle high stress situations with grace and composure.
- Previous success innovating processes and projects through their full lifecycle.
- Exhibited intermediate level proficiency with Excel – You will be comfortable with Pivot Tables, Vlookups and building formulas
- 5-7 years of experience with employee relations strongly preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
Job Function Breakdown:
50% Employee Relations-Work with managers and employees to provide guidance on policies and practices that align with the SEI’s values and goals. This includes working with the Talent Engagement Manager to guarantee adherence with laws and policy, managing employee changes from beginning through completion, and working with CMU's campus to provide solutions and recommendations on job descriptions, job changes and employment arrangements. Work with campus partners and TE Manager to recommend compensation changes and guide ER matters
30% Process Management and Improvement-With strategic leadership from the Talent Engagement Manager, innovate process for employee onboarding, employee off boarding, HR Help inquiries, ongoing recognition programs and immigration. In partnership with fellow Advisors, lead onboarding, off-boarding, and employee transactions conducting periodic evaluations to look for improvement opportunities
15% Project Management-Lead ad hoc projects related process documentation, systems, templates and forms, and ER
5% Other duties as assigned
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.