What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
- The individual in this position will work as a member of the OCOS staff on the Security Team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with OCONUS travel briefings
- Work with suspicious contact reports via analytical processes
- Assist with documentation
- Exposure to all aspects of Industrial Security as it relates to the protection of National Security. This is a part-time, temporary internship expected to last approximately six (6) months in duration.
- Enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community.
- You will be subject to a background check and must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ablility to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure. Must have strong customer service orientation and be detail orientated
- Additional course work, seminars, workshops, etc., in national security or homeland security related disciplines.
Job Function Breakdown:
50% Participate in OCONUS defensive travel briefing creation/updates based on current threats.
20% Consolidate suspicious contact reporting utilizing analytical processes.
20% Security team specific support with documentation, meetings, and general customer support.
10% Other duties as assigned.
100% Total Effort
Please visit 'Why Carnegie Mellon' to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.