What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Are you interested in working for an organization that is changing the world of cyber security? We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team! As the Facilities Project and Services Coordinator, you would work with the Facilities Manager (FM) to oversee projects as identified in the annual Facilities Project Plan. This includes working through the project from beginning to end while maintaining the established budget. At a high level, you will work with internal customers to develop scope, prepare the bid documents and bid, procurement, construction oversight, and turnover to the customer. You will also work to maintain these projects and oversee and assign Work Orders. You will develop and maintain metrics and Tax Reports. In addition, you will work with our team and external resources to facilitate moves, events, and other Work Orders.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Moderate travel (10%)
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- You will be required to respond to off-hour phone calls, emails and off-hour emergencies; including supervising the response effort.
- Valid PA Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good decision-making skills to maintain established project and operations budgets.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult people or situations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to read Architectural and Engineering Drawings.
- Work independently and use initiative to resolve problems, diagnose and make needed recommendations and repairs.
- Travel between different campus sites; climb steps, ladders and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard office and hand tools/equipment.
- 2-3 years' experience in architecture, engineering, or construction.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Archibus (preferred not required).
Job Function Breakdown:
55% Project Management
Work with internal customers developing the scope, preparing bid documents, bidding, procurement, construction oversight, and turn over to the customer. Setup training for maintenance workers for ongoing maintenance items. Coordinate project activities with other SEI and CMU departments and outside vendors.
20% Maintenance Operations
Work with FOS on the oversight\assignment of Work Orders. Work Order related responsibilities include monitoring Facility Request Systems, engaging maintenance workers to complete requests, and monitoring the progress of the work. Maintain Tax Reports for offsite locations. Coordination and scheduling of service providers and deliveries.
7.5% Administration for Support Services
Track and renew service vendor agreements. Escort outside vendors and contractors. Develop and maintain metrics as assigned. Work with other Facilities Coordinators on assignments.
7.5% Key Inventory Management
Maintain supply of keys, SEI employee custody cards, and core/door assignments.
5% Service Response for Emergencies
Come on-site to one of the Pittsburgh locations during an off hours emergency to oversee CMU Maintenance and/or external contractors making repairs.
5% Other Duties as Assigned
Please visit 'Why Carnegie Mellon' to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.