What We Do: The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Position Summary: The individual in this position will work as a member of the OCOS staff on the Security Team. The primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with OCONUS travel briefings
- Digitation efforts of personnel security files
- Assist with documentation
Exposure to all aspects of Industrial Security as it relates to the protection of National Security. This is a part-time, temporary internship expected to last approximately six (6) months in duration.
- Current enrollment in undergraduate studies in degree related to intelligence and national security.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to interact with other OCOS teams; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; working knowledge of desktop operating systems and common tools including email clients and web browsers. Basic knowledge of Windows operating system and Office applications. Ability to multi-task; detail orientated; good customer service and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure. Must have strong customer service orientation.
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Additional course work, seminars, workshops, etc., in national security or homeland security related disciplines.
Job Function Breakdown:
50% Assist Security team with digitation of personnel security files.
20% Participate in OCONUS travel briefing library creation/updates based on current threats.
20% Security team specific support with documentation, meetings, and general customer support.
10% Other duties as assigned.
100% Total Effort
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.