What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
The CERT Division is part of the SEI, a federally funded research and development center at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The CERT Division engages in cutting-edge research and development and develops and transitions disciplined approaches to improve the survivability and resiliency of the DoD, federal civilian agencies, private sector organizations and their networked information systems.
The individual in this position will work as a member of the Cybersecurity Assurance (CA) Team within the CERT Division. The CA team develops solutions (in the form of frameworks, models, tools, policies, practices, technical guidance, and training) that allow organizations to assess, analyze, and manage organizational, operational, and technical risks to mission-critical assets, processes, systems, and infrastructures. We support external customers and internal SEI partners enabling growth of knowledge and hands-on skills. This will require establishing strong customer relationships and ongoing research to identify new requirements/opportunities. The goal of the team is to promote innovation and collaboration across customer programs and within SEI.
- BS with eight (8) years or MS with five (5) years of applicable experience. Your concentration of study should be in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or a related field of study.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Moderate travel (25%)
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Are you the type of person who likes to take the initiative to get things done, learn new things, and solve complex problems? Apply your skills and dedication to protecting our Nation from cyber security threats and join our team to address these complex challenges.
- You have worked in the evaluation of network architectures and defenses.
- Ability to communicate with a range of audiences ranging from junior technical individual contributors to senior customer points of contacts.
- You have worked in an operational environment gaining an understanding of service related processes and technologies.
- You have the ability to work meticulously with careful attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – sometimes under pressure and with shifting priorities; ability to deal collaboratively, diplomatically, and successfully with customers, co-workers and other professional colleagues, managers, and staff.
You have the ability to grasp the big picture, direction, and goals of an effort; ability to quickly learn new procedures, techniques, approaches, etc.
- You are curious and like to promote innovation and problem solving. You are passionate about sharing new information and brainstorming ideas with other team members.
- You have hands-on experience with the operational responsibilities for systems, network, or security infrastructure.
- Comfortable building relationships with external vendors and business partners.
- You have significant knowledge of network defense concepts and architectures.
- You have formally evaluated the security of networks and platforms.
- You have a strong knowledge of capability maturity model concepts.
- You have a strong knowledge of standards of practice (e.g., NIST CSF, ISO 27000x, etc).
Job Function Breakdown:
60% Project Support: Planning and executing on project tasks.
20% Relationship Management: Engaging with project sponsors and maintaining communications regarding requirements and status.
5% Strategy: Participate in discussions of the strategic direction of the CA team.
5% Business Development: Work to develop new engagements in related areas and expand existing relationships.
5% Professional Development: Staying current on topics important to the team.
5% Other: Other duties as assigned.
TOTAL = 100%
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.