What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Are you a collaborative, talented Administrative Assistant with a great attitude looking to join an organization that is changing the world of cyber security? We are seeking an administrative professional to support the SEI's Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and finance team. You will serve as a point of contact and act as a liaison with our Director's Office. You will manage the administration of the CFO’s office by preparing correspondence, presentations, or reports, managing complex calendars, and crafting travel itineraries. If you are a self-motivated, confidential, detail-focused Administrative Assistant, come join our team!
- Associates Degree in Business/Business Administration with 5 to 8 years of experience conducting administrative support.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support our overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. (5%)
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, organization and planning skills and the ability to act independently.
- You will be subject to a background check.
- Provide high level administration for our CFO, Deputy CFO, and Manager of Financial Analysis and Budgets.
- Manage complex and ever-changing calendars, including prioritization of meetings, internal and external coordination, and event preparation.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Act as gatekeeper for incoming calls and outgoing requests; ensure flow of documents for review and signature.
- Draft and edit correspondence and announcements.
- Oversee the FABS internal website including organization chart maintenance.
- Manage budgets and planning for all FABS wide activities and events.
- Review and maintain database of all SEI legal invoices.
- Engage with Management Team to coordinate Internal Reviews.
- Attend critical meetings with CFO to capture and distribute meeting minutes and follow-up actions.
- Coordinate special projects and presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong administrative skills with particular emphasis on interpersonal communication skills.
- Superb spelling and grammar skills.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational, analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records, to work autonomously, handle multiple tasks, meet inflexible deadlines and handle confidential information.
- You have great follow-through on action items and take an active role and participate on committees and teams, sometimes in the leadership role.
- You have the ability to anticipate needs, acquire information and follow through on tasks independently.
- You have great research skills, and the ability to acquire in-depth knowledge about our operations that relate to this position’s responsibilities (e.g., policy and procedural requirements).
Job Function Breakdown:
40% Act as liaison for the CFO and Deputy CFO when working with the SEI staff, University departments and external customers. This includes fielding requests, correspondence, and attending meetings.
30% Manage and lead projects; manage the Goals & Objectives, performance review, annual salary review and quarterly equity salary review processes ensuring the completion and submission of all required reviews in a timely, accurate and complete manner. Perform research on various FABS-related topics; review and process all legal invoices for the SEI.
30% Handle the complex scheduling of executives' time ensuring that each is kept on schedule and appropriately briefed for meetings. Prioritize and coordinate meetings, disseminate meeting material, screen phone calls, and oversee the filing system. Schedule Quarterly Program Financial reviews. Prepare travel itineraries, travel reimbursements and purchase requests as required.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.