What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Are you interested in working for a company that is at the forefront of cyber security innovation? Are you considering a future in helpdesk support or administering learning systems? Are you passionate about providing extraordinary customer experiences? If yes, then we are looking for you! As a Training Systems Assistant, you are responsible for providing customer support to online learners, administering services provided for online learning, and assisting with product testing. You will collaborate with staff of all relevant learning management systems to resolve user issues and be the voice of the user to recommend improvements.
- Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant experince.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Minimal travel (5% local between SEI work locations)
- You will be subject to a background check
- React to initial help requests through email and phone, replicating user issues, building incident reports in the helpdesk ticking system, and monitoring and tracking online student communications to the Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
- Provide assistance to the SEI Training Systems Coordinator in administering content, instructors, and learners in the SEI learning management systems.
- Assist Course Administrators with services to classroom delivered courses provided/supported through any of the LMS, and serve as facilitator/assistant to instructors teaching in virtual classrooms in eLearning.
- Test new products and assist on special projects as directed by the eLearning Team Lead.
- Ensure administrative and technical requirements are in place for online deliveries.
- Provide enrollment services to SEI Partner Instructors and their students for SEI technologies hosted by our LMS. This includes configuring Instructor accounts, performing individual and bulk student enrollments, updating Instructor and Student progress records. This position also provides reporting to our licensing staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Help-Desk experience.
- Familiarity with web browsers.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to compose emails, letters and other correspondence.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with overlapping deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products and related software including scheduling tools such as Outlook calendar.
Job Function Breakdown:
50% Main point of contact for all Tier 1 customer inquiries for SEI eLearning and CERT STEPfwd training. Responsible for prompt, accurate responses to external government, military and industry distance learners as well as internal learners. Deep understanding of administrative functionalities within our platforms. Regularly communicate with the customer support staffs of service providers on Tier 2 issues for any issues and system updates. Field, track, and follow up on inquiries and direct to the appropriate individual as needed.
20% New training product testing and ad hoc projects as required.
20% Assist Training Systems Coordinator and support instructors with online training activities.
10% Provide enrollment services to SEI Partner Instructors and their students for SEI technologies hosted by SEI learning management systems; configuring Instructor accounts for SEI Partner Instructors, performing individual and bulk student enrollments; updating Instructor and Student progress records; provide reporting to the SEI licensing staff as needed.
TOTAL = 100%
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.