What We Do: The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Position Summary: As a CERT CRR intern, you will contribute as a member of a team that will develop tools that enhance the data collection and analysis, technical control verification and validation, and resource management capabilities of the directorate. You will work collaboratively across several project teams, depending on your skills and interests. The project teams will:
- Develop tools, training aids, and other materials to support the delivery of Cyber Risk and Resilience training and implementation
- Develop experiments used to measure the effectiveness of common cybersecurity controls
- Enhance customer training materials to incorporate and accommodate evolving state of the art technology
You will gain experience:
- Developing a project plan and accomplishing goals in accordance with that plan
- Working with subject matter experts to develop project requirements
- Creating a design, materials, or analysis that satisfies the requirements
- Displaying incremental progress to the customer through demonstrations of the implementation
- Developing notes and testing materials that may be used to educate customers
- Using an issue tracker to manage and track project and task progress
- Enrolled in a degree granting program
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community.
- You will be subject to a background check and must be eligible to work in the Untied States without Visa sponsorship
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.