What We Do: The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
Are you creative, curious, high-energy, collaborative, technology-focused, and hard-working?
Position Summary: You will serve in a part-time capacity as a member of SEI's CERT Situational Awareness (SA) team in its mission to provide network data analysis and other support to various federal civilian and DoD departments and agencies. You will be in a multi-disciplinary role providing support to the SA team. Activities may include analytic testing, tool/technique development, and creation and management of web pages, wiki pages, documentation, instructions, and training material. You should be generally knowledgeable in the field of computer science, have experience working with network data (pcap, Netflow), be comfortable working and sharing/presenting results in a collaborative environment, and be self-directed.
- Associates degree with one (1) to three (3) years of experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with the Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- General understanding of TCP/IP and network data such as pcap and Netflow
- Able to program in Python
- Strong organizational, analytical, reasoning, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Willingness to assume responsibility and to exercise good judgment
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques through self-study and hands-on work
Job Function Breakdown:
100% Network data analysis, analytic testing, tool/technique development, and creation and management of web pages, wiki pages, documentation, instructions, and training material.
100% Total Effort
Our benefits philosophy encompasses three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being. Learn more at https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/. You can join an institution and inspire innovations that change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.