What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.
We’re seeking a dynamic Talent Acquisition Specialist who brings a balance of creativity, focus, and determination to the team. You should be passionate about delivering a memorable candidate experience at each stage of the process by lending genuine insight into the organization’s values, mission, and challenges. All of this starts with you, as you will have a direct impact on the team, culture, and identity created here at the SEI. You will handle selected human resources activities including: administrative recruiting, university relations, intern recruiting, special projects, conference management, and more. We are seeking a high-performing and collaborative individual with skills that can help the SEI solve some of our nation’s toughest technology challenges. Do you want to do meaningful and impactful work? If so, the SEI is the place for you.
- Full life cycle recruiting with a focus on administrative and internship positions, but occasional technical recruiting as well
- Deliver extraordinary experience to our candidates and managers
- Actively engage and build strong relationships with talent management team and hiring managers
- Implement university relations plan; in collaboration with hiring managers, craft internship position descriptions; post and advertise internship positions; act as a process expert on university recruiting sources.
- Act as specialist with regards to recruiting sources (web based, career fairs, campus recruiting, etc.)
- Plan and attend career fairs and information sessions, locally and nation-wide
- Creating sourcing strategies and identifying channels that garner high-quality, diverse candidate pools
- Collaborate with managers to increase awareness and importance of diversity
- Research and recommend conferences that would strategically align with our recruiting efforts
- Help meet the strategic hiring objectives of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years of full life-cycle recruiting experience
- Proven customer service perspective, including the ability to interact and negotiate commitments with all levels of management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to develop, organize, and lead special projects; to prioritize work and solve problems
- Respond quickly and effectively to ambiguity, and to balance conflicting priorities
- Interest in team collaboration, with the ability and willingness to help out with other work as needed, including technical recruiting.
- Travel to other campus locations, offices , job fairs, conferences, and universities (about 25%).
- Function independently and competently in a team environment
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Current experience with a applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Ensure processes are aligned with local, state and federal employment laws.
- You will be required to pass a background investigation
- Strong business insight and acumen
- Technical recruiting
- Experience in designing and delivering diversity talent acquisition strategies
- Solid understanding of metrics and how to drive performance through metrics
- Adaptability, problem solving, learning agility and the ability deal with ambiguity
- PHR/SPHR Certification
Job Function Breakdown:
25% Project work
15% Conference/Event Management
100% total effort
Our benefits philosophy encompasses three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being. Learn more at https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/. You can join an institution that inspires innovations that change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.