The Claims Clerk - Call Center
Performs various support functions for the claims department. These duties will primarily deal with incoming calls from adjusters and claimants with questions and issues revolving around existing claims.
Essential Job Functions
· Provide telephone support for incoming calls, including taking loss notices that are called in.
· Communicate with clients, claimants, vendors, field personnel, and other internal or external resources
· Complete the initial entry of loss notices in the claims system and distribute the claim to the appropriate supervisor.
· Perform research on losses that have entry-level coverage issues.
· Maintains positive relationships, creates a high level of satisfaction with our clients
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· High school diploma.
· Six months experience in an insurance claims department or related experience.
· Ability to take direction and make decisions.
· Self organized and detail oriented.
· Professional telephone demeanor and good oral communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Basic understanding of business technology.