TECHNICAL WRITER – 14-058 [Part-time]
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
MTS Technologies, Inc. (MTS) is a privately-held Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with over 22 years’ experience offering professional services and solutions to the Federal Government and leading, global organizations. MTS offers a full range of capabilities to increase performance and identify the most cost-effective strategies to meet the unique training needs of Federal Government, U.S. Military, and Fortune 500 companies. Our reputation is built on our commitment to quality and service. We employ professionals who are committed to the standard of excellence that has resulted in our long-term success.
TECHNICAL WRITER POSITION DESCRIPTION
This is a part-time Technical Writer position located in our San Antonio, TX location.
The Technical Writer will work with the Training Solutions team to create documents for web-based or instructor-led training as needed.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Work under direction of a Senior or Lead Instructional Designer
• Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
• Write, revise, and edit multiple types of documents for training materials for all audience types
• Format document content
• Review materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content
• Work with subject matter experts and facilitate document review meetings to verify content
• Analyze and develop technical content
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong grasp of English grammar and composition as well as familiarity with established stylistic conventions for technical documentation.
• Strong time management capabilities
• Proficient with MS Office