TECHNICAL EDITOR / QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST, 12-123 [Part-time]
Job Location: Telecommute
MTS Technologies, Inc. (MTS) is a privately-held Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with over 21 years experience offering professional services and solutions to the Federal Government and leading, global organizations. MTS offers a full range of capabilities to increase performance and identify the most cost-effective strategies to meet the unique training needs of Federal Government, U.S. Military, and Fortune 500 companies. Our reputation is built on our commitment to quality and service. We employ professionals who are committed to the standard of excellence that has resulted in our long-term success.
TECHNICAL EDITOR / QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST POSITION DESCRIPTION
This is a part-time Technical Editor/Quality Assurance Specialist position that can be performed at any location in the United States.
The Technical Editor/Quality Assurance Specialist work with a team of instructional designers and creative developers to review, edit, and analyze web-based and instructor-led training and ensure quality standards are met across multiple projects. The specific responsibilities will include:
- Review and edit storyboards for web-based and instructor-led training.
- Perform functional testing and analysis on Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 web-based training.
- Test and evaluate web-based training courses in multiple environments, including a Learning Management System or CD-ROM based applications.
- Identify and analyze course defects per established QA processes and procedures.
- Provide verbal or written feedback to instructional designers and creative developers.
- Test audio, graphics, and interactive templates as a part of courseware design.
- Test gaming and simulations.
- Adhere to style guides and project standards for development across multiple projects.
- Work with the QA team to continually improve standards, checklists, and other processes and documentation.
TECHNICAL EDITOR / QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 1-3 years experience writing/editing instructional materials or related experience
- Experience with multiple style guides (Chicago Manual of Style, AP, MLA, APA)
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Experience in software testing, quality assurance, and Section 508 testing a plus
Employment with our company requires that you have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
MTS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information visit our website at www.mtstech.com. MTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V