TECHNICAL WRITER / QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST – 12-119 [Full-time]
Job Location: Arlington, VA
MTS Technologies, Inc. (MTS) is a privately-held Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with over 21 years experience offering professional services and solutions to the Federal Government and leading, global organizations. MTS offers a full range of capabilities to increase performance and identify the most cost-effective strategies to meet the unique training needs of Federal Government, U.S. Military, and Fortune 500 companies. Our reputation is built on our commitment to quality and service. We employ professionals who are committed to the standard of excellence that has resulted in our long-term success.
TECHNICAL WRITER / QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST POSITION DESCRIPTION
This is a full-time Technical Writer/ QA Specialist position located at our Arlington, VA location.
The Technical Writer/ QA Specialist will work with a team of instructional designers and creative developers to review, edit, and analyze web-based and instructor-led training and ensure quality standards are met across multiple projects.
Specific Responsibilities of the Technical Writer/ QA Specialist will include the following:
• Perform all quality assurance tasks for a federal government customer.
• Review and edit storyboards for web-based and instructor-led training.
• Perform functional testing and analysis on Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 web-based training.
• Test and evaluate web-based training courses in multiple environments, including a Learning Management System or CD-ROM based applications.
• Performs 508-compliance testing along with any courseware testing required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Performs detailed failure analysis to determine root cause.
• Identify and analyze course defects per established QA processes and procedures.
• Provide verbal or written feedback to instructional designers and creative developers.
• Maintains company- and client-specific Style Guides.
• Remains current with each project’s style guides.
• Tests audio, graphics, and interactive templates as a part of courseware design.
• Tests learning games and simulations.
• Adhere to style guides and project standards for development across multiple projects.
• Continually improve standards, checklists, and other processes and documentation.
• Works with other QA personnel in the company to ensure consistency in the roles, responsibilities, and techniques.
• Works cohesively with other training staff to consistently deliver high quality training products to our client