The primary responsibility of this position is to: Support existing efforts and build next generation web user interface for a leading consumer electronics brand.
The Web Designer will:
- Extensive experience in large scale data-driven, ecommerce web sites. Understanding of server side scripting. While you are not required to write back end code, you must be able to identify and work with Web Developers in bringing both back and front end technologies together into a cohesive, modern and scalable web user interface.
- Support all web graphic and media development projects. Proficient in the tools of the trade: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Translate an intense focus on the “customer” into UI enhancements and/or new features including navigation/usability
- Maintaining web process with a focus cross-department adoption
- Develop web banners and ads for our website and dealer websites
- Lead and contribute to projects in partnership with internal and external cross functional teams.
- Besides having excellent design talent, candidate must demonstrate excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of CMS/templating/layout
The incumbent’s performance will be assessed on:
- Timely completion of requested projects
- Thorough documentation of processes and project details
- Attitude and level of ‘Monsterousness’
- Discreet deliverables in the form of assets and web pages
- Feedback and Performance evaluations
The incumbent will form key relationships with:
- Marketing Managers and Executives
- Training Department
- New Product Development
- Video and Photo Department
- Web Development team
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- 5 years experience as a Web Designer/Front End Developer
- Expert knowledge of modern web user interfaces, tools, technologies and frameworks
- Mobile Interface/Responsive Design
- User Interface Design Tools
- Photoshop and imaging
- Working in a team environment
- Multimedia development fundamentals
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Efficient and knowledgeable in modern, large scale, data driven ecommerce web sites
- Organized and methodical
- Friendly, communicative, and diplomatic
- Think outside the box and be creative
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Able to work on a team and alone
- Self-motivated but responsive to direction
College degree is optional, primarily based on experience
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.