1.Assist Lead Engineer with solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure systems such as departmental applications, virtual services and applications.
4. Follow and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Operations and Support
6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
7. Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
8. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
9. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
10. Maintain VDI images making sure all users are running latest patches and fixes.
10. Upgrade and configure system software that supports the virtual environment.
11. Maintain critical applications (Exchange, RightFax, VMWare, XenServer, etc.)
12. Maintain critical systems (Bladecenterchasis, EMC VNX SAN, etc)
13. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
2. Some travel may be required.
3. Other duties may be assigned as directed by the Network Operations Manager.