This is a Distributed Network Services position. The Distributed Network team supports the architecture, engineering, implementation and support of Kroger network cabling, switches and network designs for stores, offices and distribution centers.
The primary focus of this position is to provide support for all facets of distributed network infrastructure operations. This includes day-to-day technical supervision, high level support in multiple locations, and at all hours. This also includes usage/performance reports development and distribution, interfacing to enterprise processes such as incident, problem and change management, job scheduling, system automation, and analysis as assigned by management. The Network Analyst will maintain and administer networks including hardware, software and various configurations. The Network Analyst works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor and respond to distributed network support incidents.
• Manage, execute, log and report break/fixes changes, service requests and support activities.
• Develop and follow documented processes and procedures to ensure network infrastructure stability.
• Maintain and participate in the development of operational procedures, processes and scripts.
• Provide and analyze usage, performance, service level, compliance and audit reporting.
• Implement, report, and monitor service upgrades (e.g. switch firmware updates, security fixes, etc.).
• Test and support software, hardware upgrades that directly affect distributed networks.
• Perform process, hardware and software analysis on new technologies in their area of support and make recommendations to management.
• Partner with vendors or cross functional teams on support and project initiatives.
• Support and maintain infrastructure solutions utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required, including weekends.
• 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting network infrastructure, including wired and wireless environments. Knowledge of HP network products a plus.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Network Protocols
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
• Ability to verify that switches as well as their configured network services and protocols operate as intended within the framework of given network specifications.
• Working knowledge of Infra or similar trouble ticketing tool.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
• May be required to provide support on evenings & weekends.